Skip to main content

W is for adding a second wife {or three or four}


I found George's second wife {my 2nd great grandmother}.  She is already in my database and now I need to link him to her.  Click on the first icon, shown in red circle above, to add another spouse.  {You would follow the same process for adding another husband as well.}

Click on the add new wife button in the next window.  Clicking on this brings up another box where you can add a new person or link to an existing person.  {image below}

This time I am going to link to an existing person because Florence is already in my database.  Clicking on add a new person will open the individual information screen where you can all of her information then clicking on save will add her to the spouse list.

When you choose to link to an existing person you are taken to the name list window to select the person to add as George's wife.  I found Florence and selected her.

Here are George and Florence.



The letter X is next up on the blog.  Check back for a new post soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Marine Casualty Cards

Earlier this week I got my copy of Family Tree Magazine and I was reading an article that led me to  World War II History Network  and from there I found a link to an article about the United States Marine Corp making their casualty cards searchable.  You can find the database at  Casualty Cards Database. Fred Thomas, my husbands great uncle, was in WWII and in the Marines.  I searched the database and found : On the first page it states :  While the cards for World War II through Korea are not classified, however, they can often be very graphic.    Therefore, to maintain the dignity and honor of the Marines, the individual cards will only be released, upon request, on a case by case basis.    To request a card, please send an email to   history.division@usmc.mil   or a request in writting to: United States Marine Corps History Division Attn: Reference Branch 3078 Upshur Avenue Quantico, Virginia 22134 .    I immediately sent an email {about 12:30 am because

EVERNOTE

EVERNOTE I have been using this for a while now and I often wonder how I lived without it! Now my email inbox does not stay full, I simply email anything important to my Evernote account and delete the rest. Then I go to Evernote and find the notes and tag and move them to the correct notebook. It is soooo easy to find things that you put in Evernote by using tags and searching. I use 7 notebooks to keep me organized. Everything goes into my inbox and from there I tag and move the notes to other notebooks. My other note books are To Do, Shannon Thomas Photography, Personal/Family, Cross Stitch, Reference and Share. The To Do notebook should be self explanatory. In this notebook I use the check boxes in my notes. I have a note for every month and I just add to it when things come up. The Shannon Thomas Photography is used for my photography business. I keep all emails and any other information in here until they are no longer needed and then they get moved to the Refrence noteboo

Wordless Wednesday