Skip to main content

What I learned from the A to Z Challenge



  1. I should have planned my posts better.  When I first started I was doing great and then weekend happened!  Next time I will plan ahead and have posts done and scheduled to post.
  2. I really like blogging!  I looked forward to writing each post and sharing my Legacy database and Evernote.
  3. I really like the comments from my readers.  I tried very hard to make sure that I commented on those who left me comments.
  4. There are a lot of great bloggers out there!
  5. Even those who are non genealogy addicts still found my blog interesting!
  6. I like sharing Legacy tips and tricks and how I use it in my genealogy.
  7. Evernote is great at archiving posts with a little help from IFTTT.  
  8. My Legacy to do list and my sources need some cleaning up.
  9. I still don't have a great way to track my genealogy -- A research log would be great if I could decide on the best way to do it.
  10. I LOVE genealogy!
I hope everyone has enjoyed the A to Z challenge for April.  If there are still questions about anything that I posted please let me know and I will help you the best that I can!  Thank you to those that have stopped by and I hope to see you here again!

{Off to plan some future blog posts...planning ahead!}





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitching Update…Lots of pics

  LHN Family Sampler (excuse my crooked house…not sure why it looks like that) American Flag Quilt Sampler by Rosewood Manor.  I love stitching on this; I did however run out of the Brethren Blue.  I decided to put this down for a little while and have picked up the family sampler again. A close up! HAED Natures Mourning.  I have not worked on this in a while.  I plan to stitch on LHN Family Sampler until Friday and then work on this next. Last but not least is a little freebie that I did before Christmas.

How I Use Evernote for My Genealogy.

NOTE: 2 Feb 2014 -- Link updated to shared notebook ______________________________________________________________________ Today I did a Google+ hangout on air about  Evernote for Genealogy .   Once I watched the video I saw that I was not a very good cameraman! Hopefully this will clear up any questions you may have. How I use Evernote for my genealogy. I use Evernote to store everything including my genealogy research. You want to use Evernote in a way that makes sense to you.  Tags, notebooks, no tags or no notebooks; do whatever works the best for you. Notebooks  (the  blue  box) Notebooks are sorted alphabetically so if there are notebooks you want at the top of your list you can use ! or @ or ~ in front of your notebook title.  In my image, for example, I have my INBOX notebook with an ! in front to keep this notebook at the top of the list.  I use a ~ to keep my GENEALOGY notebook stacks together.  I have an ARCHIVE notebook and in front of

25 things about me

Donna had this posted on her blog and I thought I would play along. So here are 25 things about me. I have the most wonderful husband in the whole world. He is very supportive and does so much for me. I LOVE him very very much. My son is the best surprise I ever got. He was not planned but he is the BEST thing ever. I have two wonderful dogs. Gunner is a beagle and Meg is a chocolate lab. I love to take pictures. I love my camera and what I see through it. I love tea, hot or iced, it does not matter! Eeyore is my favorite character. I love to cross stitch and scrapbook. My mom is my best friend..I tell her everything and I talk to her at least once a day (sometimes more). My dh and I were married in Florida on the beach...it was one of the best days of my life. On May 10th we will be married for 5 years but we have been together for 10 +/- a few. I just watched the movie Happy Gilmore and I kinda liked it. I love the Anne of Green Gables series and I am dying to go to Prince Edw