Skip to main content

T is for To Do List Revisited

In L is for To Do List I showed you how to access the to do list; this time I want to show you my to do list.

The to do list in Legacy really helps to keep me on track and remember where my train of thought was when I was doing research.

{My screen shots look a little different today; I had to reinstall Legacy again!}

The image below shows what the to do list looks like when you first open it from the family view; it shows both open and close to dos.


By going to the sort order tab you can choose how your to dos are displayed.


Clicking on the filter options tab will let you filter your to do list.  The one I use most often is under status to show all of the open to do items.


The image below shows a to do item for the 1870 Census.  I did not find the family where I thought they would be so I made a note of that and where to search next.  I will continue this process until I can close this to do.


In the image above you will see that I use the locality differently.  I like to group things together and I was unable to do that by using the repository.

The unfiltered to do list is a great research log; it shows what I have searched and where I need to search.

Do you use the to do list in Legacy?

See you tomorrow for letter U {that's going to take some thought.}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitching Update…Lots of pics

  LHN Family Sampler (excuse my crooked house…not sure why it looks like that) American Flag Quilt Sampler by Rosewood Manor.  I love stitching on this; I did however run out of the Brethren Blue.  I decided to put this down for a little while and have picked up the family sampler again. A close up! HAED Natures Mourning.  I have not worked on this in a while.  I plan to stitch on LHN Family Sampler until Friday and then work on this next. Last but not least is a little freebie that I did before Christmas.

25 things about me

Donna had this posted on her blog and I thought I would play along. So here are 25 things about me. I have the most wonderful husband in the whole world. He is very supportive and does so much for me. I LOVE him very very much. My son is the best surprise I ever got. He was not planned but he is the BEST thing ever. I have two wonderful dogs. Gunner is a beagle and Meg is a chocolate lab. I love to take pictures. I love my camera and what I see through it. I love tea, hot or iced, it does not matter! Eeyore is my favorite character. I love to cross stitch and scrapbook. My mom is my best friend..I tell her everything and I talk to her at least once a day (sometimes more). My dh and I were married in Florida on the beach...it was one of the best days of my life. On May 10th we will be married for 5 years but we have been together for 10 +/- a few. I just watched the movie Happy Gilmore and I kinda liked it. I love the Anne of Green Gables series and I am dying to go to Prince Edw

I'm back!!

Yes, I am back from blogging vacation. First, we had a wonderful Christmas is sunny Florida with Jason's family. I really did not want to come home...it was so nice and warm! I have LOTS of pics to go through...they are still on my camera (totally unlike me if you know me at all)!! New Year's Eve was a little different this year. Normally we have a party with friends at our house and then on New Year's Day we go to my grandparents for lunch with family. This year on New Year's Eve we had dinner at our house with some GREAT friends and then we headed out to a resturant that another friend works at. The resturant is closing and being their last night she had to work. It was so much fun...I had way too much to drink and paid heavily for it!! We did not have our traditional dinner on New Year's Day since we had it a few days earlier while my uncle was in from California. All in all we had a wonderful time this Holiday season!! Tomorrow my dad goes into surgery to remo