Skip to main content

U is for Unbelievable!!!




The weekend seems to mess up my posting!  I will be playing catch-up for the next few days.


The image below shows the relationship between myself and my grandmother.  {look close...you can see how OLD I am.}

The first relationship shows her as my grandmother...nothing new there.  {This is my mom's mom.}


If you look close there are actually two relationships!  What?!  It says she is also my 2nd cousin twice removed.  How can that be??  The right side of the screen below is my information going through my dad back to my 3rd great-grandfather.  The information on the right is my grandmother {my moms mom} and that also goes back to the same 3rd great-grandfather.  So my grandmother is my grandmother and my 2nd cousin twice removed.  What?  Unbelievable!!  If you notice the last name is the same but spelled differently.  There is a story that my 2nd great-grandfather and his brother got in a fight so Alonzo Siegfried changed his spelling to Siegfried {there are also some Siegfreid's that are from the same family as well.}


Now on the really unbelievable part...this makes my father my father and my half 3rd cousin once removed and my mom is my mom and my 3rd cousin once removed.  It also makes my parents 3 cousins!!!!!

I will admit I was pretty freaked out over this when I first found it while doing research.  I told my mom and she said there were rumors that they were related but no one know how and they figured it was distant.  Distant would be like 5th or 6th cousins not 3rd!!!  LOL.

Check back soon for letter V.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitching Update…Lots of pics

  LHN Family Sampler (excuse my crooked house…not sure why it looks like that) American Flag Quilt Sampler by Rosewood Manor.  I love stitching on this; I did however run out of the Brethren Blue.  I decided to put this down for a little while and have picked up the family sampler again. A close up! HAED Natures Mourning.  I have not worked on this in a while.  I plan to stitch on LHN Family Sampler until Friday and then work on this next. Last but not least is a little freebie that I did before Christmas.

25 things about me

Donna had this posted on her blog and I thought I would play along. So here are 25 things about me. I have the most wonderful husband in the whole world. He is very supportive and does so much for me. I LOVE him very very much. My son is the best surprise I ever got. He was not planned but he is the BEST thing ever. I have two wonderful dogs. Gunner is a beagle and Meg is a chocolate lab. I love to take pictures. I love my camera and what I see through it. I love tea, hot or iced, it does not matter! Eeyore is my favorite character. I love to cross stitch and scrapbook. My mom is my best friend..I tell her everything and I talk to her at least once a day (sometimes more). My dh and I were married in Florida on the beach...it was one of the best days of my life. On May 10th we will be married for 5 years but we have been together for 10 +/- a few. I just watched the movie Happy Gilmore and I kinda liked it. I love the Anne of Green Gables series and I am dying to go to Prince Edw

I'm back!!

Yes, I am back from blogging vacation. First, we had a wonderful Christmas is sunny Florida with Jason's family. I really did not want to come home...it was so nice and warm! I have LOTS of pics to go through...they are still on my camera (totally unlike me if you know me at all)!! New Year's Eve was a little different this year. Normally we have a party with friends at our house and then on New Year's Day we go to my grandparents for lunch with family. This year on New Year's Eve we had dinner at our house with some GREAT friends and then we headed out to a resturant that another friend works at. The resturant is closing and being their last night she had to work. It was so much fun...I had way too much to drink and paid heavily for it!! We did not have our traditional dinner on New Year's Day since we had it a few days earlier while my uncle was in from California. All in all we had a wonderful time this Holiday season!! Tomorrow my dad goes into surgery to remo